Ashbrown Ltd (trading as Ash Wills) and AW Storage Ltd processes your data for the legitimate purpose of providing a will writing, estate planning and will and document storage service. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this policy explains how and why we process your personal data. We are registered in England & Wales under company registration numbers 4291477 and 09911510.
What Information do we collect about you?
- Information you give us in a face to face meeting or by corresponding with us by phone, email, via our website (www.ashwills.co.uk) or otherwise. This information could include but is not limited to, your name, email, address, assets and family circumstances.
- Information given to us, with your permission, by your financial adviser or other introducer.
- Collected by us from public sources such as Land Registry.
How will we us the information about you?
- When collected, we will combine the data and process it to provide the service or services you have asked us to using in-house technology or on external compliant sites (e.g. www.gov.uk)
How do we store your data and for how long?
- All information provided to us is stored on our secure computer systems or with our Will storage partners.
- If you have provided us with data but, after consideration, do not wish to proceed with our services we will keep your data for a period of 2 years to enable us to assist you if you wish to reengage.
- If you complete your Will, and/or other services, with us we will securely store your data indefinitely. This is in order to protect against any legal claims as well as to provide supporting information if your Will or other documents are ever questioned or contested.
How do we use your data in our marketing activity?
- Where you have opted in and give your consent to receive marketing communications from us, we will process your personal data to provide you with marketing communications in line with these preferences.
- We may contact you at least every 12 months to ensure you are happy to continue to receive such communications. If you tell us you no longer wish to receive such communications your personal data will be removed from our list.
Sharing your data
- Unless legally obliged to do so we will only share your details with a third party with your express permission – such as when you agree to use our storage service. Any third parties to whom we pass your information are obliged to store your details securely and when they no longer require your personal data will dispose of this accordingly and in line with our policy.
Accessing your data and exercising your rights
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you free of charge. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the addresses at the end of this policy along with the necessary identification (certified copy of either your passport, photo driving license, recent utility bill (last 3 months) or other identification documents). You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Links to Other Websites
Changes to our policy
- If you have any questions on this policy please write to us at 1, Pulpit Close, Chesham, Bucks, HP5 2RZ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 22.05.18